Automated Dependency Updates for Go Modules
Renovate supports updating Go Modules dependencies.
By default, Renovate will check any files matching the following regular expression:
For details on how to extend a manager's
fileMatch value, please follow this link.
You might be interested in the following
gomodTidy- if you'd like Renovate to run
go mod tidyafter every update before raising the PR.
- This is implicitly enabled for major updates if the user has enabled the option
gomodTidy1.17- if you'd like Renovate to run
go mod tidy -compat=1.17after every update before raising the PR.
gomodUpdateImportPaths- if you'd like Renovate to update your source import paths on major updates before raising the PR.
gomodMassage- to enable massaging of all
replacestatements prior to running
goso that they will be ignored.
When Renovate is running using
binarySource=docker (such as in the hosted Mend Renovate app) then it will pick the latest compatible version of Go to run, i.e. the latest
Even if the
go.mod has a version like
go 1.14, Renovate will treat it as a
^1.14 constraint and not
Open feature requests¶
- Add support for "Compare Source" + change summary to
go.modbased repos #2939
- Go modules private repos: support well-known hosts: gitlab.com, bitbucket.org #3496
- Link to compare in table #4154
- Support Bazel go_repository "sum" field #4402
- Golang dependencies on generated code #4490
- Support private go modules on custom GitLab EE host #4601
- ignore "empty" Go module updates #5123
- Set GOCACHE when updating go artifacts #6225
- lockfile maintenance for go.mod files #9578
- Indirect dependencies in dependent go modules need to be updated #12999
- Support binarySource=install for go #13727
- Support Go Workspaces #15071
- Golang parse 'incompatible' component of semver #17089
Open bug reports¶
- Renovate does not add +incompatible tag when upgrading Golang packages from v1 to v2 #3557
- Cannot update go.sum when corresponding go.mod has
replacestatement with relative path #6647
- Errors resolving digest for go modules with +nocompatible #8305
- Version detection for Go modules hosted in Gitlab subgroups broken for versions >v24.114.0 #10218
- Go sub-modules incorrectly bumped to root module version #11778
- Major version update of Go module is not detected when GOPROXY is set #16663
The above list of features and bugs were current when this page was generated on August 15, 2022.