Automated Dependency Updates for Gradle
Renovate supports updating Gradle dependencies.
By default, Renovate will check any files matching any of the following regular expressions:
\.gradle(\.kts)?$ (^|\/)gradle\.properties$ (^|\/)gradle\/.+\.toml$ \.versions\.toml$
For details on how to extend a manager's
fileMatch value, please follow this link.
This manager supports extracting the following datasources:
It does not call
gradle directly in order to extract a list of dependencies.
Open feature requests¶
- packageRules paths does not work for gradle multi-project files #5403
- multimodule gradle (kotlin) with versions defined as constants in buildSrc #5480
- Support updating Gradle dependency lockfiles #5534
- Same pull requests grouping #6474
- Support custom init.gradle and/or gradle.properties #6894
- Add bumpVersion configuration option to gradle manager #7214
- Unsupported dependency in gradle #8728
- Support for Gradle composite builds #9410
- Support scan buildSrc's Dependencies? #13295
- Update version of Java Lombok inside the Gradle configuration #13333
Open bug reports¶
- Renovate only updates one configuration of a repeated dependency in Gradle #4910
- Dependency with multiple classifiers is not updated correctly #5619
- Renovate does not know where to increase the associated version number. #6323
- Gradle-lite - does not detect property() call in kts #9184
- Renovate doesn't scans the latest version based on gradle multi module project using gradle.kts #12397
- Renovate creates multiple PRs for common versions in gradle version catalog #12956
- Spotbugs library and plugin versions mixed up #13619
- Parsing problem with Gradle Version Catalog #14452
The above list of features and bugs were current when this page was generated on August 15, 2022.