This document describes Renovate configuration presets and why you should use them.
To learn how to create your own presets, how to host them, and how to extend from presets read the Shareable Config Presets page.
Why you should use presets¶
Use presets to:
- Set up the bot with good default settings
- Reduce duplication of your configuration
- Share your configuration with others
- Use somebody else's configuration and extend it with your own rules
Managing config for many repositories¶
If you manage Renovate for many repositories, then you should create a global preset configuration. Then you extend the global preset in each repository. This way you have all global configuration in a single file, in a single repository.
Presets are modular¶
Preset configs are modular, they can be as small as a single package rule or as large as an entire configuration, just like an ESLint config.
Renovate comes with a lot of built-in presets that you can use.
Browse Renovate's default presets to find any that are useful to you.
Once you find a preset you like, put it in an
extends array in your config file.
- Browse Renovate's default presets to find any that are useful to you
- Publish your own if you wish to reuse them across repositories