Gitea and Forgejo¶
First, create a Personal Access Token (PAT) for the bot account. The bot account should have full name and email address configured. Then let Renovate use your PAT by doing one of the following:
- Set your PAT as a
- Set your PAT as an environment variable
- Set your PAT when you run Renovate in the CLI with
You must set
platform=gitea in your Renovate config file.
The PAT should have these permissions:
|Scope||Permission||Valid for Gitea versions||Notes|
||Required to read group labels|
If you use Gitea packages, add the
Unsupported platform features/concepts¶
- Adding reviewers to PRs not supported: Gitea versions older than
v1.14.0do not have the required API.
trueby default) for platform-native automerge not supported: Gitea versions older than v1.17.0 do not have the required API.
- Git upload filters: If you're using a Gitea version older than
v1.16.0then you must enable clone filters.
Features awaiting implementation¶
Repo autodiscover sorting¶
You can change the default server-side sort method and order for autodiscover API.
Set those via
Read the Gitea swagger docs for more details.
The below list of features were current when this page was generated on December 08, 2023.
- Gitea: use repo topic as a cache #18921